• physical device
• logical device : define the type of input; not adopted in openGL
- String Device : returns strings of characters; physical device keyboard
- Locator: returns; physical device mouse
- Pick: returns the ID of the graphical object; physical device mouse button gun
- Choice: mouse returns one of a discrete number of option;ex menu
- Stroke: return array of location; similar to locator; ex push button, releasing the button mouse
- Measure process: input device returns a set of logical measures
- Trigger process: input device returns the trigger signal
- is a compiled list of intructions stored in adisplay memory(client) or on a graphics server
A SIMPLE PAINT PROGRAM
- Draw geometric objects.
- Manipulate pixels.
- Control attributes, such as color, line type,
- and fill patterns.
- Include menus.
- Allow for moving and resizing the window